The philosophical foundation of the Montessori approach is based on the premise that education should be an aid to life. In order to develop their physical, intellectual and spiritual powers to the fullest, children must have freedom. This freedom is to be achieved through order and self discipline. Respect for a child’s personality and trust in the inner potentialities are prerequisite to the foundation of an adequate educational alliance.
Montessori At A Glance
- Each child is taught individually
- Montessori is a positive environment
- Children work at their own pace and level
- The child is given the opportunity to fulfil his/ her potential
- Habits and skills developed in a Montessori classroom remain for a lifetime.
- The Montessori Method has been time tested and has achieved success throughout the world